- Location: Washington, DC
- Sector: Nonprofit
- Experience: Entry-level
- Apply by: Open until fulfilled
The Graphic Designer is primarily responsible for creating and executing both digital and print materials. Responsibilities include designing newsletter, reports, e-blasts, and other publications as assigned. The successful candidate must be familiar with basic web development skills such as Content Management System (CMS), HTML, and CSS. Will also be assisting in video editing efforts and sometimes photography during events.
- 1-3 years of experience in graphic design, and media production;
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: including lnDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and etc.;
- Work on a wide-range of design projects such as: infographics, UI/UX design, presentation visuals, web banners, landing pages, charts and graphs, one pager, and pamphlets;
- Experience with web-based digital media production technologies and strategies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Capacity to work productively and contribute across cross-functional teams;
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a constantly changing workflow;
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed.
Application instructions: Applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae, a cover letter, copy/link to portfolio of work and the contact details of three references, (preferably in one combined PDF file) via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
Job Title: Receptionist/Operations Assistant
- Location:Washington, DC
- Experience: Early career
The Arabia Foundation, a Washington DC-based think tank that specializes in the geopolitics of the Arabian Gulf, is seeking a full-time Operations Assistant to begin as soon as possible.The Operations Assistant will be responsible for all administrative tasks related to the Arabia Foundation’s operations and facilities. He/she will also be responsible for staffing the front desk, supporting the director and founder with regard to scheduling, travel arrangements, correspondence, and meeting coordination. Primary responsibilities include acting as the right hand to the director and founder by answering phones, setting up meetings, managing calendars, ordering supplies, managing the offices’ library and performing other tasks as assigned by the operations manager.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent degree;
- Minimum of 1-year experience working as a personal assistant, executive assistant, HR assistant or other related position;
- Previous experience working with a non-profit organization a plus;
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while managing and completing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Ability to coordinate work of others to ensure deadlines and goals of the Foundation are met;
- Ability to work independently and take constructive criticism;
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills, and ability to manage competing priorities;
- Willingness to work nights and weekend as needed.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, and the contact details of three references (in one combined PDF file) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Receptionist/Operations Assistant” in the subject line.