Job Title: Receptionist/Operations Assistant
- Location: Washington, DC
- Experience: Early career
The Arabia Foundation, a Washington DC-based think tank that specializes in the geopolitics of the Arabian Gulf, is seeking a full-time Operations Assistant to begin as soon as possible. The Operations Assistant will be responsible for all administrative tasks related to the Arabia Foundation’s operations and facilities. He/she will also be responsible for staffing the front desk, supporting the director and founder with regard to scheduling, travel arrangements, correspondence, and meeting coordination. Primary responsibilities include acting as the right hand to the director and founder by answering phones, setting up meetings, managing calendars, ordering supplies, managing the offices’ library and performing other tasks as assigned by the operations manager.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent degree;
- Minimum of 1-year experience working as a personal assistant, executive assistant, HR assistant or other related position;
- Previous experience working with a non-profit organization a plus;
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while managing and completing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Ability to coordinate work of others to ensure deadlines and goals of the Foundation are met;
- Ability to work independently and take constructive criticism;
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills, and ability to manage competing priorities;
- Willingness to work nights and weekend as needed.