Job Title: Resident Scholar
- Location: Washington, DC
- Experience: Mid-career and up
- Deadline: N/A
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Arabia Foundation, an independent Washington DC-based think tank focused on the geopolitics and socioeconomics of the Middle East and the Arabian Peninsula, is seeking resident scholars with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Geopolitics of Gulf Cooperation Council states;
- Socioeconomic reform and youth issues in Gulf Cooperation Council States;
- Iraqi politics, Iraq-Iran, and Iraq-GCC relations;
- Transnational Sunni and Shia networks, jihadism, and counter-terrorism.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. from a top-rated university with an outstanding academic record in political science, international studies, history, social sciences, religious studies, security studies, Middle Eastern studies, or a related discipline with a focus on the Middle East;
- Minimum five years’ experience as a think-tank fellow or equivalent OR university post-doctoral candidate and/or professor OR senior government policy professional or equivalent OR senior correspondent or journalist;
- Minimum two years’ experience researching or working in the Middle East;
- Distinguished track-record of publication in tier-one English language media, foreign policy journals, and/or peer-reviewed academic journals;
- Candidates must be first-rate writers with a strong authorial voice, unique perspective, and demonstrated ability to think creatively;
- Candidates must be comfortable appearing on television, radio, being quoted on the record, and speaking at conferences;
- Candidates must be comfortable networking with leading DC-area policymakers, academics, journalists, and think tank professionals;
- Candidates must be comfortable mentoring junior researchers.
Applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae, a list of publications (w/hyper-links), a cover letter which details their research interests and priorities, and the contact details of three references in one combined PDF file via e-mail to email@example.com. Please be sure to write “Resident Scholar” in the e-mail subject heading. Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.